Monday, May 21, 2018

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Happy Happy Joy Joy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I used the layout to show off one of the fun images from the Toad-ally Awesome stamp set in action.

I stamped the bouncy fellow and colored  him in with Copic markers, then used the coordinating die to cut out the colored image.  To make a backdrop for the image, I adhered two dark aqua cardstock strips with torn edges to the bottom of a lighter aqua panel.  So that the image would be able to "jump," I used the little slider die that came with the die set to cut a channel in the panel just above the torn strips. After adding the die cut lily pad to the panel, I positioned the image in the channel using one of MFT's Spin and Slide discs.  I used foam tape to adhere the panel to a card base with a strip of coordinating dotted aqua patterned paper along the right edge of the cardfront.  The foam tape raises the panel just enough that the image slides up and down easily.  A tiny paper flower accent adhered to the lily pad completed the design.

Materials Used:
Toad-ally Awesome stamp set, Toad-ally Awesome dies, Spin and Slide discs (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); paper flower (Prima); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips