Friday, February 16, 2018

Any Day with You

Any Day with You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-digital stamps and dies from Verve Stamps
Here's my card for February's Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  I used a sentiment from one of Verve's digi sets, Love from Me, as my focal image.  The text was printed with a laser printer, then cut out with a circle die.  For the layout's large panel, I found a piece of argyle patterned paper with tiny hearts in the pattern in my scrap pile.  I positioned it on a light aqua cardstock panel, then added a strip of chartreuse cardstock, edged with a darker aqua strip, to the left side of the patterned panel.  After matting the sentiment on a circle the same color as the trim on chartreuse strip, I adhered it to the panel.  Originally I'd planned to accent the text with one or two of the to go cups from the digi stamp set, but switched them out to a pair of hearts cut with Verve's Heart Quartet die instead.  The finished panel was adhered to a dark aqua card base to match the mats on the panel.

Materials Used:
Love from Me digi stamps, Heart Quartet dies (Verve Stamps); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so darling! Love the sweet color mix and the layered hearts, Lori. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips