Monday, August 21, 2017

A-maze-ing Birthday

Have an A-maze-ing Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI've had the fun maze stamp set, coordinating dies, and maze pieces in my stash for a while now.  When I saw that the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge had a nice, large round panel front and center, I knew it was time to put the set to use!

For the background, I adhered a yellow diagonal striped patterned paper panel with rounded edges on a red card base.  A strip of silver cardstock, edged with a narrow red strip, was placed across the yellow panel.  I stamped one of the set's birthday themed sentiments directly on the silver strip in black ink.  Once that was done, I began to assemble the the maze that would become the focal element in my design. The base is made from pale gray cardstock.  I stamped a silver star at the center, then added one of the maze shapes and a maze sphere (of course!) on top.  After securing the maze base to the cardfront, I added the circle shaker window on top.  I edged the maze with a contrasting red circle to really highlight and draw attention to the interactive element.

Materials Used:
You're A-maze-ing stamp set, Grout Gray cardstock, Birthday Blowout 6x6 paper pad, Circle Shaker Window and Frame dies, Circle Shaker Pouches, maze shapes-white, maze spheres (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips